I’m going to be as honest as I can be here. I am 44 (next week) and I am SO not prepared for retirement. I don’t want to go the route a lot of elderly middle to lower-income families are going and work until I’m put in the grave. That is an injustice to those of us who have worked for years to enjoy retirement.
Yesterday I took my first Phentermine pill to start my weight loss journey. This will be a pill that I take over the course of a year. Studies show that the average weight loss while on Phentermine is 24 lbs. So, depending on what you do during this time you can lose more or less. As I am at my highest weight right now, even losing 24 lbs, I would be ecstatic. Although, I am looking to lose a minimum of 60 lbs. I’ll still be overweight, but, I wouldn’t be where I am now. I know people say, “love the skin you have”. And I do! But, I also have health issues with high cholesterol. My thyroid medication is higher than it should be and is currently suppressing my thyroid. I don’t want to lower the dose though, because I’m afraid I’ll gain even more weight. So, I do hope that once I’ve dropped some weight and remain on my healthy habits, I’ll be able to lower that dose. Fingers crossed.
I am a mom to a wonderful daughter who is part of the LGBTQ+ community. She is so outgoing and loves life in general. I am glad that she is being raised in a society, that, for the most part supports this community. While she is the typical teen, she will also give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. She is very compassionate and sensitive and at times has even reeled me back in when I go into a rant. She knows no enemy. Just pity for those who live life in fear of what they don’t understand. She understands that people may not agree with this lifestyle and that’s ok. It’s their beliefs and she doesn’t push her lifestyle on others.
Last week I had my annual physical with my Dr. The main discussion we had was my hypothyroidism. It seems that my pill is a little higher dose than I should have and it’s currently suppressed. We talked and decided to keep the same dosage. Mainly because I’m afraid that I will gain more weight than I have already. As it is, I’m at the highest I’ve ever been. My cholesterol is high as well. My cholesterol can be weight managed. The problem? I’m not able to manage my weight! This is a very helpless feeling and I’ve made it clear to my Dr that I am not happy with where I am.
By now, you all know that I am hoping to purchase an RV and travel the country while working from the road. I previously wrote about Six of my Favorite Travel Campers. There are many people who want to live this kind of lifestyle, but, feel they can’t afford it. So, I researched that further and found that it is actually cheaper to live as an RVer than it is to live in an apt or house, paying rent or mortgage. Here’s my post on RV Budgeting That Won’t Break the Bank. What Can the RV Life Cost?
America, Back Road Driving, boondocking, Camper, Challenge Yourself, Change, Don't Settle, fifth wheel, Finance, Finances, Financial, Follow Your Dream, Fulltime RV Living, Fulltime RVer, Gulfstream Campers, Happiness, Jayco, Life Purpose, Local Sights, Nomad, Nomad Lifestyle, Nomadic Lifestyle, Off-Grid Living, Remote Worker, Road Less Traveled, road trip, RV, RV Lifestyle, RV Living, RV Travel, RVing, Tiny Home Living, Travel, Travel Camper, Travel Lifestyle, Traveling Lifestyle, wanderlust, Winnebago, Working Nomad
This post is in response to several people reaching out to me asking my thoughts on reincarnation. I know this is a touchy subject because it’s not widely accepted. For those that accept it, have their own opinions of what reincarnation is and why it happens.
I’ve shared with you that I recently moved from Delaware to Pennsylvania. I sold my house and got rid of so much clutter and, in general, stuff. I’ve always lived in places that have been at least 800 square feet. My first house after I got married was just under 1600 sq ft. My last home before moving to PA was 950 sq ft.
I wanted to take this time and let you get to know a little about me. I’m a bit contradictory and my friends tend to get a kick out of it. So, let’s see if we can clear a few things up!
- I graduated high school in 1991 (SHHHHH)
- I graduated college with an Associates Degree in 1994
- I was married in 1997
- Had my daughter in 2000
- My Christmas Gift in 2000 was seeing my ankle bones again 🙂
- I was divorced in 2005
- I graduated college with my Bachelors Degree in 2009
- I’ve lived in 11 different homes.
- I just moved to a different state with my 11th home.
- I’ve lived in DE 43 years
- My favorite food is Italian and Mexican. (Sorry America!)
- I have 2 nephews, a niece and a great niece
- I want to be a full time RVer when my daughter graduates either high school or college
- I am a homebody
- I love to dance
- I love listening to music
- I love hanging with my friends and family
- I can hold a grudge
- Only I am allowed to call my sisters and brother names
- I am a half sister to 2 sisters and 1 brother.
- I am their mediator
- I just published my first book
- I am writing my second book
- I am launching my freelance business
- In being a full time RVer, I want to work from the road while traveling
- My father (who died in 1998) loved to travel. Apparently wanderlust is genetic as I’ve had the itch to pull up my roots and become a nomad. Traveling the US and other countries
- I’ve been tempted to sell my daughter on eBay. (Come on. What parent hasn’t since eBay came into existence???)
- I have very few friends because I prefer quality over quantity
- I don’t like watching sports, but will for the right guy. Otherwise, I’ll go get a mani/pedi
- I’ve had TWO jobs in my life that I’ve actually liked. Yes, I hated the others
- I’ve owned seven cars
- I’ve only liked one of my seven cars
- I’m VERY picky
- It takes me FOREVER to eat a meal. A friend once counted 57 times that I chewed one bite
- I believe in reincarnation
- I believe in precognition
- I am a talker
- I am loyal
- I can keep a secret. It will die with me
- I am afraid for our country right now with the choice of candidates
So, there is 40 things about me. What do we have in common?
In recent years, I have developed a love for watches. Big ones, small ones. Pretty ones and functional ones. I came across Jord watches and FELL IN LOVE! They have so many unique designs that people will do a double take to look at the design.
Recently I read an article about this woman in Sweden who posted before and after pictures of her bedroom. She is battling depression and what many don’t know, I didn’t know, is that one of the symptoms of battling depression is the lack of motivation to clean. Reading this took me back to a conversation I had with my sister Charlene about four years ago.