Today is President Obama’s last day in office. This isn’t a political post. Just the opposite, I want to share the things that I am going to miss seeing, that I loved while he and his family were in the White House. In the time that I actually paid attention to presidents, I’ve found that Obama was the funniest, even when he wasn’t funny, you had to laugh when he tried. I feel that he was the most up to date (for lack of a better word) president we’ve had. Going on talk shows, being out in the general public and not afraid to show emotion. While there were MANY things that would make me smile when reading articles about him, here are 10 things I’ll miss:
- Pictures showing his love of children, and their love of him!
- Video’s of him trying to sing.
- Him slow jamming with Jimmy Fallon:
- Obama/Biden bromance! Who in this world doesn’t love that???
- His bluntness. President Obama pulled no punches, but he did it in a classy way.
- President Obama and Michelle’s obvious love and respect for each other. He was not ashamed to show it.
- How he related and enjoyed being out in public. Remember the Pizza shop owners bear hug and President Obama rolled with it? People genuinely love being around him.
- The Internet… Need I say more?
- Turkey Pardons and dad jokes. (Side Note: Am I the only one waiting to hear a president say “Pardon? No! Off with their head!”)
- Two words… “Obama Out”
President Obama, thank you for your service and entertainment for the past eight years. In conclusion, you were able to accomplish quite a bit against adversity, but you never let anyone see you sweat. Except when you were playing basketball! I will truly miss having you as our president.