Write for Us ~
Would you like to write for us? We would LOVE to hear from you!
A few notes first:
- When you write the blog post, that is YOUR page. There will be no advertising on it. It’s all about your post.
- I will promote your post as if it were mine. Guests posts on all of my social media platforms. I will drive readers to your post to hear your story and engage with it.
- A posting date will be provided. I will provide you the link before it goes live with the date and time we have mutually agreed on. Posts go live at 5:30 in the morning. I then promote the post before going off to my day job.
Guest Post Guidelines:
- What are our expectations? The guest poster should be active in their post. Reply to comments left, share on their social media platforms as well. Not just the one day, but several times the first week and periodically afterwards. This includes emailing your list of email subscribers at least once.
- What topics do we accept? Flights of Fancy Mom blog is a travel and lifestyle blog. Posts must be family friendly and cannot contain cuss words. Topics can include:
- Parenting of teens through college
- Changing careers
- RV Living
- Tiny home living
- Other topics will be reviewed and approved on case by case
- How many words? Guest posts should be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Are links allowed? Links to your own posts that are relevantly referenced in your post are allowed. In your Bio, links to your blog and one social media platform is allowed.
- Are pictures allowed? You may include your own photos in your post, or posts that you have approval to use.
- Can I post my guest post elsewhere? Posts for Flights of Fancy Mom are exclusive. You can include an excerpt on a post on your page, but you cannot republish the post.
- Do I retain the rights to my post? The guest poster will always retain credit for the post, but it becomes the property of Flights of Fancy Mom once it has posted. This includes slight modifications to the post and then posted elsewhere.
- Do you pay for guest posts? Guest posts on Flights of Fancy Mom is not a paid gig. It is another venue for you to promote your writing and adding to your portfolio.
- Can I write for you more than once? I do accept repeat guest posters if they meet the above guidelines.
If the above section answers your questions and you would like to write for us, please submit the form at the bottom of this page. Once your topic and summary is received, it goes through review to confirm it’s appropriate for Flights of Fancy Mom. You will be notified within a week with the status.
If your topic is approved, we will contact you to write the post and submit it. We will edit/proofread it. The post should not need a lot of corrections. If there are too many, (i.e. more than 25% of your post) your post may be rejected and sent back to you.
The post should be conversational. You want to draw in the reader and make them want to read more. No huge paragraphs.
Now that you have all the information, and you still want to write for us, fill out the form! I can’t wait to hear from you :). If you have any questions, you can put them in the text box for Guest Post Topic Suggestion.